Frequently Asked Questions
We ship directly from our studio in Hampstead, London, UK.
Non-Prescription Orders placed before 1pm are shipped out same day. Shipping times are:
- UK - 3-4 business days
- Europe - 7-10 business days
- US - 7-10 business days
- Rest of the World - 10-15 business days
For Prescription Orders, please add about 5-7 days to these times, as custom lenses are glazed to order. Now and again we need to order lenses especially to suit certain prescriptions. Please allow extra time if this happens.
Shipping is free for orders over £75.00.
Your order will be sent through an insured tracked and signed service. More information can be found in our terms and conditions page.
With the exception of the Swift and Roscoe frames, all of our frames are hypoallergenic - meaning they are suitable for wearers with plastic or metal allergies.
If you compare our supply-chain and production methods to manufacturers that use purely plastic frames, there is no comparison! Trees and Bamboo are organic and naturally contribute to our eco-system. Metal and Plastic has to produced and contribute to significantly more industrial waste than a pair made of Wood or Bamboo.
Our production byproduct is quite literally saw-dust
Unlike mass-produced frames, our materials all biodegrade naturally. We use only FSC sourced wood from sustainable stocks. Our plant-based acetate is biodegradable and does not rely on fossil fuel to produce.
Our frames are packaged in recyclable paper packaging, produced here in the EU. They do not come wrapped in plastic of any kind. Our shipments are carried out by Royal Mail, which was one of the first Carbon Neutral courier/delivery organisations globally.
Yes we can :) We will need a copy of your prescription which should be no older than 2 years old, and your Pupillary Distance (PD). If you don't know your Pupillary Distance, click here for instructions on how to measure at home.
Choosing your prescriptions lenses is easy - on each sunglasses or eyeglasses product page, you'll find a prescription button - press it and answer the questions from the dropdown to get an instant price.
We offer prescription lenses for Single Vision, Multi-vision and Sunglasses Tints.
We can also provide custom quotations for almost any type of lens required; specialist polarised lenses for fishing? or a custom tint you found in a magazine? Simply click chat or drop us an email to enquire
We have made it as simple as possible for customers to acquire Natural Material Eco-Eyewear online. We work with a professional glazing lab with over 12 years experience to ensure a guaranteed fit based on your current prescription.
Ordering from FreshforPandas is easy - however this is still a custom product; and we may have lots more questions to ensure your prescription, fit and lens options are correct.
For Optical Frames in the Eyeglasses section:
1. On the product page, click 'Prescription'
2. What Type of Prescription Do You Have? Your glasses will correct either your Distance (e.g. glasses to see things far away, like a car license plate); Reading (to see things close up); or a bit of both (Varifocal or Bifocal - where your glasses will correct both Distance and Reading)
3. Choose your Lenses - Choose between standard lenses, Thin lenses or Extra or Super Thin lenses. Stronger prescriptions will require thinner lenses
4. Choose your Coating - The lens coating is a critical and an integral part of the lens design. We provide customised coating that are designed for protection and comfort using computers and mobiles over an extended period (Blue Light protection(), Outdoor use (MaxUV, front and rear UV400 sun protection) or MaxDrive, an innovative coating designed to improve vision whilst driving during poor light conditions. With a subtle tint and custom anti-reflective coating, MaxDrive reduces glare from headlights from oncoming traffic, increases clarity in heavy rain, fog or dark/poor light conditions.
5. Enter your Pupillary Distance - Your PD is important to ensure we glaze your lenses in line with your pupils. This ensures easy adoption and comfort over long periods.
6. Upload your Prescription - Your prescription should be carried out by a licensed Optometrist and should be not be older than 2 years. A PDF or photo will be fine for our records - or if you haven't got it handy, just email it to us later. Your order will be held until we have a copy
We have experienced optical specialists at hand available over online chat or via email. If there are any questions please ask.
Pupillary Distance is the mm measurement between your pupils. It sometimes comes with two numbers; one for each eye, or more commonly a single number. The average is around 64mm, and typically ranges between 55mm to 70mm.
Although the PD is not part of your prescription, it is an important measurement to ensure your pupils are in line with the focus point of the lens.
To measure your PD, click here
We offer 4 types of lenses
- Standard Lenses - these are CR39 material lenses suitable for prescriptions up to +2/-2. They are ideal for day to day use or for a spare pair, due to their low cost and hard coating
- Thin - High Index 1.6 - High Index lenses are extra dense allowing for less material to be used. This makes them thinner and look better. Our High Index 1.6 Lenses are around 20% thinner than standard lenses and come complete with Anti-Scratch and Anti-Reflective coating as standard - ideal for most prescriptions
- Extra Thin - High Index 1.67 - 1.67 Index Lenses are around 25% thinner than standard lenses. with Anti-Reflective and Anti-Scratch Coating, 1.67 index lenses are suitable for higher prescriptions (e.g. +5/-5)
- Super Thin - High Index 1.74 - Super Thin lenses are a necessity for really strong prescription (up to -13/+13). Our 1.74 index lenses come with Advanced Anti-reflective and Anti-scratch coating, with an additional Hydrophobic layer to repel grease and liquids
IWe offer 4 types of coating; either a standard Anti-Reflective/Anti-scratch upgrade, to Blue Light Protection, extra UV and driver optimised coating.
- Anti-Scratch / Anti-Reflective - Comes as standard with Thin, Extra Thin and Super Thin lenses. A premium coating ensuring a non-reflective surface for a better look and clearer vision
- Blue Resist - Blue Light Protection - In the visible light spectrum, UVA/UVB sunlight light is considered to be wavelengths up to 400nm. Blue Light ranges from 380nm to 440nm and emits from most computer screens, mobiles and other digital displays. Prolonged exposure to Blue Light has been known to damage the retina, as well as cause sleeplessness and eyestrain. Blue Resist, through a subtle yellow tint, blocks harmful blue light as well as 100% of UVA/UVB light. Unlike more aggressive blue light coatings (e.g. Red or Amber Tinted gaming glasses), Blue Resist is designed to be used daily, and is safe for outdoor use and driving.
- MaxUV - MaxUV provides maximum protection from harmful sunlight up to UV400. In addition to Anti-reflective/Anti-scratch features, MaxUV has an additional layer of UV protection on the front and rear of the lenses. Ideal for wearers who spend the majority of time outdoors
- MaxDrive - MaxDrive is an innovative combination of coating elements to maximise visibility whilst driving. It works by reducing glare from headlights from oncoming traffic, and improving night vision and visibility in poor light situations like fog or heavy rain.
We are sure you'll love your new frames!
However if they are not quite right, we offer either a 14 day refund or 30 day exchange policy. Note that return postage is not included. Full terms can be found here.
To log a return, please click here
We offer a 2 year warranty against manufacture faults or workmanship. Note damage caused by wear or accidents is not covered.
Our MAX range of lens coating also comes with advanced scratch resistance. From date of purchase, we offer a 2 year scratch guarantee on prescription lenses coated with either MaxUV or MaxDrive Coating. This includes accidental scratches.
For our full returns and warranty terms please click here
Wooden frames are organic and over time will biodegrade naturally. However looked after properly they will last years; outlasting any plastic frame on the market.
- Use hard case provided when not wearing - Keeping them in your pocket or loose in a bag is a big no-no. The arms will loosen over time, or you'll risk even breaking the wood
- Don't rest your eyewear on your head or hang off your clothing - as tempting as this may be, this will loosen the arms, weakening the frame. Keeping them on your head will also stretch and re-shape your eyewear, reducing fit
- Use the Microfibre cloth to wipe lenses after use - Do not use clothing; your cloths have micro-particles of dust and dirt which can damage the polarised or mirror coatings of any sunglass
- Clean the frame and lenses with lightly soaped warm water - do not use alcohol based liquids, wiping a damp cloth a tiny amount of washing up liquid and warm water is more than enough for regular cleaning
- Treat the wood with natural oil - using a drop of any natural, food based oil will do, such as Olive Oil or beeswax, lightly oiling the wood (avoiding the screws and hinges) every 4-6 months will ensure the material doesn't dry out and keep its colour.